The Lost Puppies of Beijing started in September 2018. As our organization runs primarily on donations, we understand many donors would like to know what we do with the money they so generously contribute. Starting from November 2018, we have implemented strict bookkeeping procedures that allow us to track all the donations we receive and the expenses we incur. Below is a summary of our financials from 2020/01/01 to 2020/12/31. The summary will be updated annually basis. If you’re interested in any of the details, please contact our Treasurer ([email protected]).
For the 2020 fiscal year, our revenues and expenses were broken into several distinct categories. The explanation of what each category contains includes is found below.
Total revenue 2020: 151,888.86
Total expenses 2020: 121,190.48
Explanation of Revenue
Most of our funding comes from the generous donations from Beijing’s dog loving community. We also partner with local businesses to hold fundraising events and raffles to further raise money.
A huge thank you to Chateau Canine, Diddy’s Hood, REAL, and Bru’s Bows for their generous support and awesome prizes which helped us in our fundraising efforts this year. The category explanation for revenue can be found below:
- Adoption fees: 400 RMB paid when someone adopts!
- Bru’s Bows: donations from Bru’s Bows
- Chateau Canine: donations from sales using the supportlostpuppies code at checkout on http://chateaucanine.com/
- Donation: lovely people who have donated funds to our organization
- Event Donation: event organizers who have opted to donate funds generated at their own events
- Fundraising: funds generated at events organized by the Lost Puppies team; this includes ticket sales, silent auction proceeds, and general fundraising at events.
- Merchandise: sales of hates and dog toys.
Explanation of Expenses
- Boarding: this category includes any non-medical stays at boarding facilities. During the 2020 year, some of our fosters at temporary boarding facilities during the holiday period got stuck due to road closures.
- Fundraising: expenses incurred for event planning.
- Medical bills: initial check-ups at the vet when the pup is found, treatments for any conditions (e.g. infections, illnesses such as distemper, parvo, etc.), vaccinations, neuter/spay surgeries.
- Supplies: necessary items to get our fosters set up for success (e.g. ID tags, leash/collar, etc.), promotional materials for Lost Puppies (e.g. keychains, posters, merchandise pre-sale, etc.), and payments for event necessities.
- TNR: Lost Puppies has started a TNR program (trap, neuter, release). The aim of this program is to 1) reduce the number of stray dogs born in Beijing; 2) increase quality of life for older feral dogs who could not be rehabilitated.
- Transportation: costs incurred during rescues, TNR, or transporting dogs/LP supplies from various locales around the city
- Other: anything that doesn’t fall into one of these categories (this year, we had a 2.96 RMB banking fee)
For each expense incurred, we keep digital copies of the receipts. If you wish to see them, please contact our Treasurer ([email protected]).