While not all these items are needed, we think it’s a useful reminder list in case you’ve forgotten something.
- Food and water bowls
- Food (canned and/or dry) – we recommend Fish 4 Dogs
- Four to six-foot leash
- Dog bed
- Super-absorbent paper towels
- Absorbent house-training pads (pee pads)
- Non-toxic cleanser
- Enzymatic odor neutralizer
- Plastic poop baggies (biodegradable ones are best) or pooper scooper
- Variety of toys (a ball, rope, chew toy and puzzle toy are good starts)
- Variety of treats (such as small cookies, larger rawhides, etc.)
- ID tag with your phone number
- Hard plastic carrier or foldable metal crate
- Doggy shampoo and conditioner
- Nail clippers
- Canine toothbrush and toothpaste
- Brush or comb (depends on your pet’s coat length and type)
- Sponge and scrub brush
- First-aid supplies
- Baby gate(s) If you would like a head start on getting your puppy essentials, we provide a puppy essentials kit.
If you would like a head start on getting your puppy essentials, we also provide a puppy essentials kit to our fosters for RMB 300 (at cost).
Please click below to download an overview of the kit: